Thursday, February 21, 2008

Big News!!!!

OK, some of you already know, but I have been waiting to mention it until I could talk with my current employer. I put in my notice this week at work. I am going to go work for another company in the schools! I am very excited about being off with the kids when they are off! No more babysitters or child care worries!!!! Yeah!!!! When the schools are closed, I am off!!! We will be so water logged in the summers. This summer I may have to work some because what will happen is I will be considered full time at 20 hours per week. They will then spread out my paychecks across the summer, too, so I will have a consistent paycheck each pay period. So, since I would not have worked much leading up to this summer, I may have to work a little extra. I am a little sad to leave my current job because I do really enjoy working there. I love my kiddos and my co-workers. I will miss them. And, I haven't done school age in FOREVER so I hope I can adjust quickly. Thanks to you all who knew I was considering the move and prayed me through it. It has been a bit stressful as my work did counter and I had to decline. But, they were really nice and understood it was a decision based on what was best for my family.

I hope everyone is well and hasn't been plagued with the various flu's going around. We have been very lucky, however, today I have come down with quite a sore throat. I have had so many of my patients at work coughing in my face all week, it is a miracle that I have not come down with anything.

We are looking forward to the weekend. I have a "Mom's Night Out" tomorrow night and will be going with a group of mom's to dinner and a movie. Saturday morning, Hailey has a basketball game at 9:00!!!!! And we will finally get to celebrate Madison's birthday (due to illnesses) Saturday afternoon. So far, no new jump rope performances scheduled. As soon as I hear, I will post those, too. Have a great weekend, and I will try to get those Valentine pics up this weekend.

1 comments:

Robyn said...

Congrats!! Will you be working for the Conway district or Arch Ford? I am in outpatient rehab and I negotiated being off by the school calendar when I took the job. It is so awesome! I was a little nervous after I was off all summer (I wondered if they would hire someone else). I have been there a year now and it has worked out great so far. You will be so glad you did it!