Not much to report....I did loose one more pound for a total of 12 now. I would like to loose at least 2 more pounds before my trip, though. Hopefully I can pull it off. Several of you have commented or e-mailed me about what I am doing to loose. I am doing a diet that has worked all three times I have started it. Everyone that I know that I give it to looses also. It is from a pharmaceutical company called Gate Pharmaceuticals and you can go online to download the diet. I do the 1200 calorie diet. It is just portion control and balanced meals. You don't have to cut a food group out...Yeah for CARBS!!!! I went to Wal-Mart and bought a little $3.00 scale to weigh my food. I charted me food for 2 weeks straight (just counting the calories and fat grams). After about 2 weeks I pretty much know what and how much I can have without having to look or right it down. Anyway, I go by that diet and pick foods that I can have more of such as fresh fruit vs. canned or frosted flakes vs. Grape Nuts, etc. I also try to pick foods that have lots of fiber and protein. If the food is not listed on the diet printout, then I go by the serving size on the package. I have also almost completely cut out cokes. I am only drinking about one coke per week and surprisingly, have not really missed it all that much. It was hard at first but I gradually weaned myself off of them. If you have trouble viewing the diet, let me know and I can mail you a copy. I am also exercising like crazy. All the other times before when I dieted, I did not have to exercise quite this much. I guess because I am getting older, I have had to kick it up a notch. I am doing an hour on the treadmill (power walk a mile, jog a mile, for 4-5 miles)5-6 days a week and then doing about 30 minutes of additional crunches, arms, and push ups about every other day after the treadmill. It is difficult to schedule that time into my day and my housework has seen the brunt of it but oh well, at least I am feeling better about MYSELF, I won't want anyone to step into my house, though :) ! Brian has been really good to not complain and do the kids baths for me while I am exercising. If not, I don't know if I could have stuck with it. Anyway, that is it in a nutshell. You can do it if I can...I love food even when I am full. Let me know if you guys try it and how it is going for ya!
Valentine's Weekend in Oman
17 years ago

1 comments:
Thanks for the information. I will look up that website. Man, its just getting back into the whole workout thing again (and time issue). I am working out, but not consistent. And I LOVE food.
Post a Comment