Saturday, February 16, 2008

Catching You Up to Date

Well another busy weekend! Hailey had her jump rope for heart at 8:00 Saturday morning. Thanks so much to everyone who contributed! She raised $150.00!!!! She was thrilled! They jumped FOREVER and it was finally over at 10:00. We then headed over to Randy's to sign them both up for softball. Hayden will also be playing soccer. We will be busy but that is what kids are all about, right? After sign up, we headed to Stoby's for another breakfast/lunch and then home for Hailey to change uniforms. Then it was out the door to basketball. She did awesome this game!!! She made 6 baskets and was on fire! She is quite the defensive player! Her cousing Garret was watching on and a big motivator. She is so funny, after each good play or basket she would look at him to see if he was watching and she would try not to smile. It was so funny! She couldn't help herself, though. Garret came home with us after the game to play. The kids love to play with him and couldn't wait for him to get here. Mimi and PopPop came over and we all fixed nachos for dinner. The kids all helped cook and got to "build" their own nachos. They all thought they were wonderful and it is so easy to make!!! After dinner they got showers and then it was to the table for a good ole game of chickenfoot! Hailey and Garret actually won and were pretty excited about it. We baked cookies and then got them into bed before the Jermaine Taylor fight. It was a good fight, but, unfortunately, Jermaine lost again. Mimi stayed the night with us and they played awhile Sunday morning before Garret left for Peggy and Jimmy's house. It was a good visit and we hope to see him soon! One funny thing I have to mention, is that I was trying on some new clothes I had gotten the night before to show Brian. Garret asked me what I was doing (because I kept coming out in something different). I said I was trying my new clothes on for Uncle Brian. He said, embarassed, "Aunt Shannon, you are hot.....but you need a new hairdo!" OHHHHH I laughed and laughed! It was too funny! I told him he better watch it or I would sing him Rock-a-Bye-Baby that night! (Inside joke ....you have to scroll down to his last visit to get this) Garret always keeps us laughing!

0 comments: