Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Updates

OK, sooooo sorry for the lapse in updates. I have just been stressed to the max and overwhelmed with so much! To catch you up from the last post, I put my 2 week notice in with the assumption that I would be available to my current employer until March 28th as I would start my new job on the 31st. That was the plan as the therapist I am taking over for, remember, is pregnant with twins and trying to get to the 31st. So, the very next week (last Monday) I get home from work and their is a message from my new work that the therapist (who is also my neighbor) is on bed rest with contractions!!!! I was excited, nervous, sad, and STRESSED as I needed much more time than that to wrap up loose ends at my current work and prepare to start a whole new age group, etc. So on Tuesday I let work know that Friday would be my last day and I helped out at my new work that Wed of that same week. So, essentially I had two days to complete paperwork on all my kids and clean out my office by 3:00 on Friday to get kids picked up and ready for their activities because my brother Scott was graduating from Game and Fish Commission at state capitol that night and I had to be there around 5:30!!! Talk about MAJOR STRESS!!! I went to my new job on Wednesday and it went very well....everyone was really nice and helpful. Stayed up till about 1:00 each morning to finish up stuff for my old work place and flew Friday afternoon to pack stuff up!! After one bin, one huge duffle bag, and two laundry baskets full of toys and books, I was outta there!!! Sweating bullets and all!!! I got the kids picked up (Hayden ready for Drew's Bday party and Hailey ready for a basketball game) got changed and out of the house. Went to Scott's graduation and it was really nice. I would have loved for Brian and the kids to have got to come and see it, too, but they were told their was only a small space and we weren't sure how many he was able to invite, so we split up. Afterwards, me, my parents, Sean and Garret, Scott and his family, and Kristen's mom and grandma all went to Marketplace. We had a great time.

Saturday, my mom and I headed out for LR on the hunt for a new swimsuit for my trip. That has been my plan since I started my diet to splurge on a really nice swimsuit. I began to get discouraged because I just couldn't find ANYTHING and was running out of time. Oh, by the way, I forgot to post my last Biggest Loser Update which was only 1/4 lb so I believe that brings me to 12 1/4 as of last week. I told work I would be back for the final weigh-in!!! :) I finally, last stop found a swimsuit that I was happy with and we headed for home. I have bought a few things here and there for my trip so that has been fun, too. I cannot wait but am a little nervous, too about leaving the kids for so long. I know they will be fine but I haven't been away from them longer than a weekend before. I know I will be fine for the first probably 3 days and then by day 4 I will probably be pretty homesick!!! I am just very thankful for Roger (Brian's dad) and my mom for their willingness to come and help Brian out next week. It will make me be able to relax much more knowing their family are with them. I know I will be glad to see them when I get back on Friday night!!! I have been busy trying to get my house/laundry/food in order and planned to make it as easy as possible for everyone, too.

Saturday morning, Hayden had his first soccer game. We have been kind of put out because they did not have even one practice before the first game and did not know who was on their team, etc. The coach was on a cruise so Brian stepped in and coached without notice. I was very proud of him for doing that and doing a good job. He is not a soccer fan, but sucked it up and did great. Hayden participated which was much better than last year!! So, hopefully it will go better since HE is the one that wanted to play this!!! Saturday was a BEAUTIFUL day here. It was in the 70's. After the game is when my mom and I headed to shop and Brian, Hailey, Hayden, my dad (PopPop) and Garret went fishing. They fished ALL day and were exhausted and sunburned!!! Brian said they had a great time and Hailey caught 2 bass that she was pretty proud of. They waded out in their boots and got in the mud, ya know fun stuff like that! That night, Hailey had a sleepover with Mimi/PopPop/and Garret.

The next morning (Sunday) we missed church because we all got together for hamburgers at Momma's for lunch. All three of our families were there and we had a great time. It was nice to have everyone together which is hard to do these days!!! After lunch, Brian and the kids went with my brothers and their families out to Scott's to ride 4 wheelers. Brian said they had a blast. I know they did because they were SOOOO tired when they got home. Hailey was in bed watching TV by 7:00 and out by 8:00. She was very sore the next morning I guess from riding the four wheelers. They have so much fun with their cousins. We just wished Garret lived closer so they could spend even more time all together.

So, back to the weather, here. Saturday....beautiful/sunny/70's. Sunday...warm/becoming cloudy/temps dropping from 70's to 50's. Monday morning.....severe weather in parts of the state and by Tuesday morning....SNOW!!!!! We woke up to about 3 inches of snow this morning!!!! Is that crazy or what!!!! The nice thing is....since I now work for the schools, I am off because the schools are closed!!!! Yeahhhhh!!! Brian was supposed to leave for Fayetteville for work this morning but waited because of the weather. Russellville supposedly got around 11 inches!!!!!! WOW!!!! It is unbelievable. I cannot wait to be enjoying 80's in Mexico!!!!

Well, sorry for the long post but I wanted to catch everyone up to date. That is pretty much it in a nutshell. This week will be very busy for us also. I will try to do better about updating and am FINALLY going to post those valentine pictures I have been talking about. You will have to scroll down to valentines to view them! Have a good week!!!

0 comments: