OK I know it has been forever since I have posted, but my plug-in for my memory disk from my camera is not working and I haven't been able to get out to get another one to download new pictures. The kids have been sick since Easter morning. We got up and had our egg hunt that the Easter bunny hid and were getting ready to eat breakfast. Hailey took off running for the bathroom and threw up! So, we didn't get to go to church. We still tried to get out to my mom's for lunch and the big Easter egg hunt as Hailey is crying wanting to go. We put on comfy clothes and her robe and slippers and headed out there. Halfway out there I had to climb in the back and she threw up again. We got out there and I laid her down in my mom's bed to watch TV. She didn't eat anything. Then, as we were getting ready to cook, Hayden threw up! I laid him down on the couch and he fell asleep even with all the commotion going on around him. Hailey didn't feel much like an Easter egg hunt but she sure did try. Hayden seemed better. Later that day, they both began running a fever. They ran fever and were just puny all day monday and then the diarrhea and stomach cramping began. Hayden had more cramping then Hailey. And, of course, Brian had to go out of town Monday morning until Wednesday so I was home by myself with two very sick kids and no way to get out and get STUFF. Luckily, they didn't feel like eating because I really needed to go to the grocery store and wasn't able to. We made it though. We didn't get much sleep for the waking up and diarrhea and stomach cramping, but we slept in each morning to make up for it. It was not a very fun spring break! I guess if they are going to be sick I would rather it be when I am already off so I don't have to take extra time off. By Thursday we figured we would venture out because they seemed better. They wanted to go eat lunch at Holly's Country Cooking. We ate lunch and then headed to the movie to see Horton Hears a Who/Hoo???? Can't remember. Anyway, we weren't in the movie more than 10 minutes and Hayden said "my tummy hurts". I asked if he needed to go to the bathroom and he said, "no". Then Hailey turns to me and said, "I do". She had a bit of diarrhea but we were able to finish the movie. The next day (Friday) we headed to Jump Zone after lunch at Taco Bueno. The kids had a great time and were able to run off some energy from being cooped up all week. So, we at least got two fun days out of the week. For me, even though they were sick, it has gotten me so excited about being off in the summer and other school vacations with the kids with my new job. I am so ready for summertime and spending it together. It is truly a blessing and answered prayer to be given this opportunity. I am very thankful and have lots of fun "stuff" planned for us this summer. I will hopefully get a new plug-in tomorrow and can get to updating with my pictures soon.
Valentine's Weekend in Oman
17 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment