Hailey at the fountain at UCA
It was pretty chilly!Today was quite busy! I took the day off to go with Hailey on her first field trip. It was planned a few weeks ago and we had to pay to go. Hayden's class ended up scheduling a field trip, too, but since I have gone to several of his....I went with Hailey. This was their first and they don't have very many so I was looking forward to spending the day with her and her class. The kids are so cute, they are so excited to see you and act like you are a movie star or something! We went to UCA to watch a Christmas Play. I was in charge of Hailey and another little girl, but when one other girls parents didn't make it (and she was in tears) I took her, too. We pretended like they were all my daughters! After distracting her with conversation, finally the tears stopped and I joke with them that I should be getting 3 Mother's Day Presents this year! That's why I try so hard to make all of their functions because I couldn't stand the thought of MY child feeling bad because their parent wasn't there. It may have cost me an arm and a leg to miss work but it was worth it. :) I am thankful to be able to have the flexibility to work some and take off to participate in special things with my kids. I know I'll never look back and wish I had worked more but I would regret not doing as much as I can with them. (I may be regretting around retirement time though...just joking....Brian will just have to share his retirement with me...HEHEHE!) Anyway, we then went to the UCA cafeteria for lunch. It was a bit crazy. After helping serve the entire 2nd grade, I was able to eat too and then we went to the fountain to wait for the buses. She was off to school and I to Wal-Mart for an hour before time to pick up Hayden. He went caroling downtown this morning to some of the businesses. Needless to say, he did not eat much of his lunch because everywhere they went, they were given cookies and snacks! Oh well! They were very tired tonight and quite dramatic so they were in bed by 7:30! Momma needed some peace and quiet with no tattling! We heard from Hailey's Upward Basketball coach tonight and were very excited that one of her very good friends is on her team! I will post her schedule when we receive it. Probably not until after her first practice which will be the beginning of January. But, I will post as soon as possible for those of you wanting to plan to come. That's all for now!


At the performance, waiting for the play to start. Sorry it is kind of blurry but was taken close up with my camera phone.

0 comments:
Post a Comment