Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Our weekend started out with me and the kids dining at one of our favorites, Taco Bueno! Several friends ended up eating there, too, so the kids went home with some neighbors for a couple hours to play. Later, Brian got home from a rough work day on the golf course and picked the kids up. We headed out to go get a movie but somehow ended up doing a gymnastics exhibition in the front yard! Me included! First, Hailey did a round-off and then egged me on along with Brian. So, you know I cannot pass up a "challenge" so I heade across the yard feeling like I am 16 again and it is going to be this beautiful round-off. When I landed I immediately grabbed my hamstring in pain and laughter, "oh my leg, I pulled my muscle!" It was funny and luckily I recouperated quickly, although I am still sore today as I sit and type this. Then we got off to doing handstands. Those of you who know me from back when know I was the champion at handstands. I could hold a handstand FOREVER! So, I had to take on that challenge, too. At first, it wasn't so cute. Then, after awhile, I got my balance and held it for a little while. The kids were amazed, and remember this is all happening in the FRONT YARD!!! My writst were KILLING me. They are not used to having to hold this body up anymore. Then, we concluded our exhibition and headed off to the movie store. We rented enchanted and all piled up in our bed to watch it. I did not last very long and fell asleep. Brian said it was a cute movie. The kids camped out in their sleeping bags in our room that night and thought it was the greatest. On Saturday, we headed to the pool (I know we're crazy!). It was cloudy, too. We didn't stay very long, especially, after Hayden almost drowned. He went down the slide and started swimming to the other side of the slide away from the ladder. We were sitting directly across from him and just saw his head going down. Jessie (our favorite lifeguard) runs and jumps from our side of the pool to get him while the boy lifeguard is just sitting there. He was fine but spooked and didn't want to get in anymore. We have got to get him signed up for swim lessons. He did fine at the swim party the other day and even jumped off the diving board but he jumps close to the ladder so he doesn't have to "doggie paddle" very far. I guess he just needs to get warmed back up and "comfortable" in the water again. We left the pool and headed back to the house to get ready to go to Nana's. Megan went with us and we had a nice visit. Aunt Sally has a brand new puppy that is just too too cute that the kids couldn't keep their hands off of. We ate ribs and fixins and then had fresh strawberries with shortcake and blue bell ice cream...yum yum! We stayed outside visiting forever while Hayden, Hailey, and Megan came out and performed shows for us. They had a blast and were very good. Megan had a sleepover and they are all playing now. I guess we will head off to the pool today, too. Hope everyone is having a great and safe weekend!

0 comments: