Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hailey's End of Year Luau

Hailey and Mrs. Ellis, her 2nd grade teacher who is WONDERFUL!!! We will truly miss her next year!


Hailei (Hailey in Hawaiian)

On Thursday, Hailey's class had their end of the year, luau. I was in charge of this party, again, so I was stressed and overwhelmed with all I needed to do this week to prepare for the party and to finish up my work for the summer. The party went good. I think the kids all had a good time. They had an awards program first, then they ate/guessed their Hawaiian name/got lei's and sunglasses, played limbo, made a picture frame, and presented their teacher with their class gift. It was busy but fun. Here is a picture of Hailey and her good friend, Natalie. They looked so cute in their little grass skirts.

Doesn't she look pretty?Hailey won (4) awards today! She won an award for reading above grade level, having all A's and B's, A Jump Rope Award from her coach, and the Physical Fitness Award from her P.E. coach. Only two, I think, of these were given out in her class and Hailey got one! I am very proud of her! For some reason, the picture with her ribbons for her academic awards didn't take.


Posted by Picasa

0 comments: