Still no word on jump rope. The coach has been out sick (I called up there yesterday) so who knows when they will find out! Hayden's appointment went great! Thanks to everyone who prayed for him. His doctor is wonderful and she explained exactly what she was going to do and what it would feel like. He just sat and watched her! But then she asked if he wanted his flu shot since we were there. I said sure. So, he wasn't too excited about that but still did well. He cried a little but not loud. It was so sad I thought I would start crying. He went to school after that and I went on to work. Then, my friend at work scared me about getting the flu shot because of the thimerasol. For those of you who do not know, that is the mercury found in some vaccines that some are trying to link to the cause of autism, among other health risks. So, I frantically called the clinic to find out if this vaccine had the thimerasol, and IT DOES! So, I am not going to have Hailey get it. Even though you never hear of children developing autism this late in age, I know there are other risks, too. Of course I REALLY felt bad after that. Here I was holding my baby (who was quietly crying) while they injected him with MERCURY! And I allowed it! I am sure he will be fine, but it is scary! On another note, my lab work came back and my numbers are normal again. After my doctor talks to the head TB doctor, they will let me know if I can continue the medicine or not. Well, gotta go get dinner ready just wanted to update everyone on the doctor visit!
Valentine's Weekend in Oman
17 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment