The first day of school went well. The night before (Sun night), Hayden had a bit of an anxiety attack (we think). He couldn't go to sleep and kept getting up saying his belly hurt or his booty itched :) or he wanted to sleep with Hailey. He is a good sleeper and he didn't get to bed until around 11:00! I know he was tired this morning! Everyone got up and ready and off to school. Hailey had to be dropped off at 8:00 and she just wanted us to let her out. Hayden didn't have to go until 9:00 today and so we both took him. Of course, I video taped him walking in and took several pictures. He went right in. He didn't have any trouble with us leaving. I did get teary though. He had a good day. So did Hailey. Of course when I picked them up I had to probe to get information out of them. Hayden couldn't remember his friends names in his class. He played with Reagan on the playground. He got hungry and ate his lunch and snack. Oh, by the way, he can't believe he gets to take PB&J and wear flip flops!!! His favorite thing about his day was going to the other classrooms and "writing stuff down". ???I have no idea what that means!??? Hailey played with Megan, Natalie and Michael on the playground. She got hungry, too, and had her lunch and snack. She like recess best! When I picked them up I had a donut waiting for them and they were thrilled! The funny thing is that Hayden concocted this crazy story all on his own....when Brian asked him how his day went, he had a solemn look on his face and said, "it was horrible!" When Brian asked why, he said, "I had to go to the printables office!". Brian looked at me and then I knew Hayden was fibbing. He held a straight face for awhile and then started laughing. I thought that was pretty clever! He knows if he gets in trouble at school or goes to the "printables" office, he would get in more trouble at home, so I guess he thought he would pull a fast one past his daddy. After a trip to Target to use Nana's gift card, we ate dinner at Cracker Barrel with Mimi and PopPop.
Monday, August 18, 2008
First Day of School
Posted by Shannon at 10:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment