Monday, August 25, 2008

The Boys 4 Wheelin' Adventure



Hayden said they look like pizza men in this picture. Too much Pizza Inn?



Gangsta Style



Ready for the woods!

I had to write down the funniest story so I wouldn't forget it. I am sure I have forgot some of the parts already, but, here goes....
Brian and Hayden went 4 wheelin at Brian's hunting camp on Sunday afternoon. When they got back. We were all at the table eating dinner (including Megan). Let me just fill you in on our regular dinners. Brian loves to tell stories (and the kids beg him to tell them)and half the time they are not true. Hailey will just look at me and say, "Momma?" Cause she knows I will not lie. So, we are eating and they request a repeat of an old story Brian had told. He begins the story and all 3 kids are just mesmerized because when Brian tells a story, the details are so vivid that you feel like you were right there. Anyway, he's telling this story and Hailey keeps glancing at Megan with a big smile (she's heard the story before) like isn't this great! Then they got on the topic of snakes and their trip to the woods. Brian mentioned he did see some snakes and Hailey made some comment like Hayden was probably scared or something (I can't really remember that part). So Brian helps him out with his story. He says, "I got off the 4 wheeler to use the bathroom and looked down and saw a couple of snakes around me (this is true). Then I turned around and saw Hayden waiting there sitting on the 4 wheeler. I noticed this snake crawling up the 4 wheeler and poking his head up right behind Hayden's shoulder (all of this is fabricated of course). I said, Hayden watch out! Look behind you! (Now Brian is in full actor mode and role playing all of this out)I said, "kick it!" And Hayden got up took a step and kicked that snake and it went flying through the air and killed it dead!" I am watching all the kids faces. The girls have big eyes and their mouths open and are not saying a word. Hayden is looking down as if not to make eye contact and blow his story, like yeah it's true. But then, the story was so convincing, I guess Hayden started to believe it too and said, "Daddy, did I really kill it?" OH MY GOODNESS! We have never laughed so hard! It was hilarious! Can't wait to hear what his fishing tales will be!

0 comments: