Friday, June 13, 2008

Vacation, Day 7



Today, we decided to lay low and enjoy our last day of vacation. We got up and headed to the clubhouse pool. We weren't there long enough for the kids to even get wet when they decided they wanted to go to the beach to see if Claire was there. So, we headed down there to meet them. We stayed at the beach until around 2:30! We got some sun! Hailey and Claire boogey boarded and dove under the waves. The water was great today-no jellyfish! I even got out in it! We tried to catch little fish for their buckets and we dug in the sand. They ended up with clams, snails, minnows, and sand fleas! We went up to the room to eat lunch and for me to try to get rid of my massive headache. It had pretty much turned into a migraine with the nausea and all. I ate and rested and then we all headed back down to the pool. Again, we weren't there probably 30 minutes or so, and the kids wanted to go back to the beach. Claire and her family had left just 15 minutes before we got down to the pool, but their friends from Conway were still there. After a couple games of ping pong around the pool, Brian and the kids headed down to the beach while I went to pick up our dinner at the Village Grill. We had a picnic on the beach for dinner. It was really fun. The breeze was amazing and the waves sounded wonderful. We sat and talked with our new friends from Arkansas, whom we know several of the same people. It is so cool! We stayed until 8:30 and then went to wash off in the pool. We got up to our room around 9:00. It was a very long day! We will miss vacation, but I think we are all ready to get home. I am definitely ready to sleep in my own bed! You'll notice, I didn't take very many pictures today. I decided to take a break. These are a few of the kids doing their "jumps" into the pool, and a short video too! I will post more of our beach pictures in the next few days as I have time. We plan on leaving around 8:30 in the morning and Brian has already mapped us out a new route that is supposed to shave off 45 minutes to 1 hour! I hope so! Well, time to get to bed. Another long day of car riding awaits us! See you when we get back!

0 comments: