Sunday, June 22, 2008

Crash! Ouch!!!

Poor Hayden!
Hayden and Jeremy
You can kind of see the bulging starting about the middle of his forehead. It was HUGE!

My nephew, Jeremy, had a sleepover with us on Friday night while Hailey went to his house to have a sleepover with Hannah. The boys were having a great time until Hayden had bit the pavement outside. He was pushing a truck that you sit in and use your feet to make it go. I think what happened is that the tire went up on the curb and it started to tip. He fell head first into the concrete. I was sitting in a lawn chair not 10 steps away and took off running to get him. In the 1-2 seconds it took for me to get to him, he immediately had a HUGE egg-size bulging bump that had already came up on his forehead. I couldn't tell what was bleeding at first because he took his hand and rubbed all over his face as he is screaming. I wanted to pass out, but I got it together and scooped him up and ran inside. Jeremy went to tell Brian to come quick, he was mowing the backyard. I told him to run to the neighbor across the street (a pediatrician thank goodness!). I grabbed an ice pack and ran back outside with him to meet the dr. He said he looked fine but to wake him up every 2 hours. He punctured his bottom lip with his tooth and scraped a good portion of skin off of his forehead, under his eye and on the side of his nose. It was just raw, blood red! I felt so bad for him! It just made me sick. After some TLC from momma, he perked up and seemed fine. It hurt a little in the bathtub but he did great. I woke him up throughout the night, too. Today, the goose egg is not as prominent.....the swelling spread out some. You can tell it has started to turn green from the bruising and his forehead and under his eye has already started to scab up. We have been putting Neosporin on all his wounds. We did some shopping today and he got asked several times, "What happened to you?" by mostly older women. I think he enjoyed telling them the story, though! Hopefully it will heal up soon.
We have not had much going on this week, therefore, not much to post. We are pretty boring back home from vacation. Hailey had her last ball game this past week and Hayden had one on Thursday. His last game will be on Monday. We went to the pool once and to Wild River Country with Kristen, Jeremy, and Hannah on Wednesday. The other days, we just hung around the house or ran errands. I am sure enjoying being off. I actually have time to do laundry, dishes, cook dinner, work out and take the kids to the pool! I could definitely get used to this! I better enjoy it while it lasts, huh?! :)

1 comments:

Heather Smith of Studio H Salon said...

OH I WOULD HAVE THROWN UP! You are so great at that stuff...Bless his little heart! He does look bad, but boys seem to shake it off and move on dont they! I can't believe he took it so well...Sendin the kids an invite to the party sunday thought it would be great to see our kids play together...Hailey will think Tatum is a babydoll..haha Hope ya'll can make it