Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Vacation, Day 4

Today, we got up and Brian & Hailey headed down to the beach around 9:30 to boogey board. We decided that the kids needed a break from the hot part of the day and sun. We didn't want them to get burned and they got a little pink yesterday. So, we went to the outlet mall and to the Mossy Oak store. Hayden picked out two toys, a camping set with man and a fishing guy with his money Nana gave him. Then, he found a stuffed animal deer that he headed up to the counter with, sure of himself that he would be able to get it. And he did. It is cute and we named him "Buck". We then headed to the outlet mall. We got a few things for the kids and I got a visor. We didn't really find many good deals. We ended up heading back to the condo to get down to the beach. I went jogging along the beach while Brian and the kids went to the beach. When I came back by, the kids were ready to go to the pool because Hayden had got tore up by a jellyfish right on the ankles. Brian got stung on the leg and bent down to rub it. When he did, his chin went into the water and a jellyfish wrapped around his face. His jaw line was all red. We ended up going to the pool and then down to the beach when the sun was going down for me to "practice" taking pictures for our family pictures I will attempt another night. I think they turned out OK. I have a program on my computer that allows me to crop, B&W, and fade out parts of the pictures. It is pretty neat and I am having fun playing with it, obviously. Brian keeps making fun of me for putting so many pictures on here, but this is what the blog is for! After our "photo session", we got our showers and went to a restaurant on the Marina called Tacky Jacks. I wasn't crazy about it and neither were the kids. We had chicken strips, fried shrimp, fried fish, fried oysters, fried crawfish and french fries. And everything tasted the same. I have not had so much fried foods in so long. I will probably come back weighing 15 more pounds than I started! While we were there, Hayden was in rare form. He is usually very talkative, but tonight was above the norm. Everytime he "needed" something, he would say, "I'm going to go ask our waitress". We had to tell him he couldn't just go find her. He really wanted a hot dog which was not on the menu. So, he said, "I'm going to ask them if they have hot dogs." When our waitress came, he said, "Do ya'll have hot dogs?" Hailey would have rather died than ask them a question. Another older waitress started coming over and talking to him. He was asking her if they had milk and of course she went and got him a big glass. Then he sang for her and chit chatted. She went and got another waitress friend of hers to come and hear him sing. I video taped it with my camera. I tried to post it at the end of the pictures but it didn't load. I may try it again later in another blog. It was funny! She didn't want us to leave. After getting back to the condo, Brian and the kids took flashlights and headed to the beach to hunt for crabs.....at 10:00! Whoa! You'll have to hear the crab story from Brian, it is too long to post here, but pretty funny!



For some reason, when I post this picture, it flips and I can't get it turned right, but you get the idea.






I LOVE this picture!
I promise this says 2008. Brian is teasing me that it says 2009, but I had to hurry because the water kept washing it away.





0 comments: