Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dr. Appointments

On Wednesday, Hailey and Hayden had their well child check ups. Hayden had to get his kindergarten physical and 4 shots to start school! Hailey weighed 52 pounds and is 4 feet tall. Hayden weighed 42 pounds and is 43 inches. During our visit, Hayden had to do his vision and hearing screening. He FAILED his hearing screening! I wasn't that shocked because I have noticed lately that he is not hearing me at all or is not hearing correctly. He will repeat me and it will be either totally off or a little off. Sometimes, he just says, "I didn't hear you". So, I asked them to do tympanograms to see if he had fluid in his ears (a possible reason for a failed hearing screening). He did! His tympanograms were terrible. One ear was completely flat and the other showed a small "hill" on the graph. During this test, it measures the movement of the eardrum. It prints out the results on a graph. The graph should show a peaked mountain with the peak inside a box on an L-shaped graph. She referred us to an ENT and our appointment is in August. Well, then that night about 12:30 a.m., Hayden is screaming crying that his ear hurts. Guess what? EAR INFECTION!!! Needless to say, we did not get much sleep that night and had to go BACK to the doctor that next morning for them to say, yep, it's an ear infection! $15.oo later and one mad momma for them not calling us something in.....we got medicine and hopefully will feel better soon. They even said he could still go swimming because it is an inner ear infection. I'm hoping once the fluid clears out, he will be hearing better, but we will still keep our ENT appointment. I may still run him up to work and do a hearing screening on him myself before then for peace of mind! We tried to go swimming after that and after a dose of antibiotics, but Hayden wasn't feeling well when we got there. He complained of his tummy hurting. So we watched Hailey go down the water slide a couple of times and then headed back home. We all snuggled up in my bed to watch TV and rest and I noticed Hayden felt very warm. He had 100.6 degree temp! I felt so bad!!! He ran fever all day and night, every time the Motrin would wear off. They didn't get to go to their planned sleepover at Nana's so we will reschedule. Instead, we took them to rent a movie and we all layed in bed together with our popcorn and watched The Spiderwick Chronicles. It was good and a little scary!

0 comments: