Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We definitely did...ate entirely too much and are still eating!!!! We went to Russellville to my aunt and uncle's and grandma's house. We had a nice visit. My parents and brothers and their families were all there, too. We had a housefull. We had about every food imagineable. And, of course, you have to have a little bit of everything. :) My grandma seemed happy to have us all there and she ate pretty well. She did look a bit swollen in the face but sat up in her scooter from about 1-4ish. I think we wore her out but she enjoyed seeing everyone. Garret (Sean's son) and Mimi came home with us for a sleepover. Tomorrow, my two and Garret are going to Peggy's for a playday while Brian hunts and my mom and I go shopping! We've had alot of fun tonight with them. They are really getting at an age that you can enjoy them at a whole new level. After they all showered, we taught them the game Chicken Foot, that you play with dominoes. They loved it. They were so funny, they would get so excited over starting another chickenfoot (or as Hayden calls it a "chicken leg"). We popped a big bucket of popcorn and baked a whole plateful of chocolate chip cookies and played dominoes for a couple of hours. Then it was off to bed. I have to tell a funny story. Garret and Hayden are sleeping in his bunk beds together and Garret has only spent the night with us once (he lives in OK) and that was quite awhile ago. Anyway, we were doing prayers and Garret went first. He said his prayer and at the end he prayed, "and God, please don't let Aunt Shannon sing Rock-a-Bye-Baby again, Amen". It was soooo funny, because my kids have a tradition since they were little bitty that they want us to sing that song after their prayer everynight. They will not forget either! So, it was pretty funny that he remembered that and prayed about it! I knew I sang bad, but come on! HaHa! We all got a good laugh out of it. So, I HAD to sing him his very own "special" rendition of the song! HeHe!!! :) Hope everyone had a great day! Oh, and by the way, I will have some pictures to post of my girls night last night. We went to BoneFish and it was awesome. Our food was amazing. And, of course, we were there for 3 hours! We can talk now! There will be some "special' pics that were re-enacted from Jr. High too....I'm surprised we didn't get kicked out, girls!!! HaHa! No, we had a great time as usual and are sooooo getting fired up about our Mexico trip....you ALL need to go, even you Gretch! :) That's all for now!

0 comments: