Well, on Monday (Momma's Birthday...Happy Birthday, Momma!) I left for work that morning in the sleet. As I got halfway to work, my windshield was almost completely frozed over. By the time I got to work, my running boards and halfway up on my Tahoe was solid ice! It continued to sleet as I was there. I finally left around 1:00 as I heard the roads were getting bad. Hailey had been sick the night before and Virginia came up to stay with her. Luckily, she was able to go pick the kids up from school for me, because they got early, too. It continued to sleet/freezing rain throughout the night. Needless to say, we did not have to go to school/work for the next two days! It was fun, but messed my work week up. Here are a few shots from Monday night and then Tuesday morning as all the neighborhood kids enjoyed the ice. Funny thing, Hayden ran outside, laid down on the ground and proceeded to move his arms as if making a snow angel! Hailey and I both started dying laughing. She said, "Hayden, you can't make a snow angel...it's ice!" Brian tried to make it to work, but it took him 30 minutes to go 3 miles on the interstate, so he turned around and came back. We made a "make shift" sled for the kids. After I ran up and down the street pulling 2 kids at a time on the thing, we broke out the 4 wheeler. They had a blast. At the end of the pictures, you will see a couple quick video clips of the action. After sledding, they were pretty cold. My two and Blake & Megan (neighbor friends) came in for some hot chocolate. They played all afternoon and I made us all lunch. They had a really good day! Later we ventured out in the 4wd because I needed groceries BAD! The streets were pretty slick but the Tahoe did great. Pushing the buggy to the car at Wal-Mart was another story!
A view from the back door. This looks like snow, but actually, it is solid ice!
Across the street, Tuesday morning. The road was frozed solid!
Muddy ice skating!
Meg and Muddy!
Truman, Hayden, Blake, Megan, Hailey & Muddy, Ian, Cameron, and Kaia

0 comments:
Post a Comment