Hailey has come home the past two days with some very exciting news! First, yesterday she came home with news that she had been chosen by the counselor to be an ambassador for her school. This means that she will be called out of class when a new student for her class arrives. She will go to the office and introduce herself to the child and parents and then escort them on a tour of the school. She will then bring them down to their classroom and introduce the student to the class and teacher. She will also introduce her to friends. I guess she will be coming out of that shyness, huh?
Today, she came home with more exciting news. She has been nominated for GT (Gifted and Talented), apparently by a former teacher. You have to meet certain requirements such as high percentiles on your standardized testing, etc. Then once you are nominated, you are tested further. Then I guess they pick the kids from this. I'm not really sure. But, Friday I have to go to a meeting about it. I think it is an honor just to be nominated! Woohoo, go Hailey!!! We are so proud of you and your many accomplishments! Good Luck!
Valentine's Weekend in Oman
17 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment