Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hayden's Art Show

Hayden and his sunflower (can't remember the artist who does these, sorry)

Hayden had his art show at school and it is very cool. For weeks they study about different artists/painters and paint pictures just like them. Some of the painters do their work in the dark, so they did a painting just like his in the dark. They did splatter painting and moldings. It is a big deal at his school. They display all the artwork by matting them with construction paper and labeling them. Then they hang them in different rooms at the church according to artist/type. You walk around and view them just like you were at a museum. And, of course, their are refreshments! It is so cool and the teachers work really hard on it. They did a great job and Hayden was so proud to show us all of his work.

Hayden's painting on plaster tile called Michelangelo's Fresca Painting


Hayden's Claude Monet pencil drawing of his teachers, Miss Sharla, Miss Jeanne, and Miss Kimberly


Hayden's Turtle made out of plaster or clay.

Hayden & Allison

Hayden and his buddy Allison. Allison is pretty fond of Hayden and he likes her too. She begs her Momma to let Hayden come play everyday. Her mom uses it as leverage :) ! They usually have one play date after school each week where Allison's mom picks them up before lunch to go to her house to play while I am working. They have a great time together! I caught Hayden singing the other day...."Me and Allison sittin in a tree, K-I-S-S-LMNOP, love comes first....." and I couldn't understand the rest. He saw me and smiled and got embarassed. He told me he has kissed her before, too! BOY I AM IN TROUBLE!!!!!

0 comments: