Saturday, March 28, 2009

Our Spring Break

Weekend before: Garret was in town and the kids were so excited to see him! They all had a sleepover at Mimi & PopPop's on Friday night. They made gingerbread men sugar cookies that kept magically running away! We had big plans for saturday. ...We headed to Hayden's soccer game and it rained the entire game! We had planned on heading to LR to a go-kart track but the rain ruined those plans. So, we took the kids to Cheeburger Cheeburger and then to the IMAX to see Race to Witch Mountain. It was cute and they all enjoyed it. We had planned to go bowling after that but everyone was getting tired so we called it a day.

Day 1: Had lunch at Holly's!!!!! Yummy!!! Then took the kids and Megan to two different parks to play. I have pictures on my phone but am having trouble sending them to my email. I will keep trying though.

Day 2: It was cool and rainy so we went to Pizza Inn for lunch and then to Jump Zone which was packed!!!

Day 3: Headed to Petit Jean with Kristen, Hannah, Jeremy, and Madison. I do have pictures that Kristen sent to me to post....my camera messed up, of course! The kids did great! We saw a "bear cave" and did about 3 different trails. We saw the big waterfall and had a picnic lunch. It was much cooler than we thought so we froze until after lunchtime but still had a good time.


Headed on a hike with our "walking sticks"!

In a "bear cave"

The boys in the cave.

Whoa! Look at these rocks!

Queen of the mountain!
Near a smaller waterfall.

Posing on top of the tortoise shell shaped rock formations.

Hiding in a cubby hole.
Hailey in the hole in the cave.
Of course, I had to do it to get everyone else to go in!
Day 4: Had lots of errands to run. Took my car in to have some work done on it, got my carpets cleaned, and got my hair done! Ball practice....Whew!!!!!

Day 5: Packed for Memphis and had lunch with Mimi! Headed for Memphis for an overnight stay and to go to Memphis Zoo on Saturday. Our hotel was very nice! The pool area was really nice too. The kids had about an hour to swim before it closed at 10:00 p.m. Hailey went to the room early to shower and Hayden hung out in the hot tub!




Day 6: Went to Memphis Zoo and we are all exhausted! I took a TON of pictures and couldn't decide which ones to post, sooooo...I posted most of them. It took forever and some got deleted so I will repost those soon. But, the sea lion show was tootoo cute! We all enjoyed it! The polar bear was AMAZING. I had to take a bunch of pictures of her. We got to see them feed her and we also got to watch the penguins feeding time. It was Enrichment Day at the zoo so lots of extra things to see and learn about. It was a great, but cold, day. We left the zoo at 4:00...were there for 5.5 hours!!!! Whew! Guess who slept on the way home! :)







All in all, we've had a great week. I am not ready to go back to work on Monday and I know the kids aren't either. It makes me really ready for summer break! Can't wait! So glad to be able to be home with them! Such a blessing to be on their school schedule!

It is starting our busy time of year. Hailey continues to have jump rope practice 1X in morning before school and one day/week after school. Her softball practice will be one night per week and she will start having one game/week soon (I will post schedule when we get it). Hayden continues to have soccer practice one night/week, ball practice 2 nights/week, soccer games (1 day on weekend), and will start softball games one night/week soon. Busy!!!!! But all worth it!





0 comments: