Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Week of August 27th

Well, I had trouble posting this week again. It locked up on me and saved the draft with the pictures but not the text. So, I had to go back and try to remember what I had typed and re-post it. Brian is dove hunting this weekend and will be home Sunday afternoon. He has my camera so I won't be able to put any new pics on until then. Not much has been going on this week except school. Hayden had his orientation on Friday and is very excited about starting school on Tuesday. I will have more pictures of him then. We have been going on bike rides every night and it has been fun. Hailey had her second bike wreck last week and it was a doozy. She and her friends were riding down one driveway and ramping up the one directly across when she went airborn and busted it. I had my head turned talking to another mom but my friend saw it happen and said her head actually bounced off the concrete. It was pretty scary. She had a goose egg immediately on the side of her head, a tire burn on her forearm, a scratch on her calf and cut on her ankle. Her jaw was sore too and still is. I have been telling Brian they need to wear their helmets but you know him..."We never wore helmets when we were kids!" So, momma rules from now on and they will be wearing their helmets! We never wore seatbelts growing up either....I don't think we even had seatbelts in our cars until we got older. :) I am trying to teach them the rules of riding on streets, i.e. what side of the road to be on and how to stay off to the side, etc. But, when Brian goes it just gets all messed up. He is worse than the kids! He is in the middle of the street and weaving back and forth. I guess he is going to have to take my safety class, too! :) or be reprimanded! :) :) Anyway, we thanked God in our prayers that he protected Hailey from more serious injury and I explained to her how serious it could have been. We even got to watch Mimi on the bike last night! She stayed the night with us since Daddy is gone and we can have some girl time. It was fun. We stayed up and had our popcorn and cokes and watched all the home shows...just like old times!!!! We always love to have Mimi come and stay except we all fight over who gets to sleep with her....OK, even me. Well, that's all for now. Oh yeah, GO HOGS GO!!!

0 comments: