Thursday, November 13, 2008

Our Week

This week has been a bit of a roller coaster. I got called on Monday about 2:30 from the kids school that Hayden was in the office with a sore throat. They said he did not have fever but his cheeks were a little flushed. I told the lady that I was about 20 minutes away and it would be about time for school to be out before I could get there anyway. And a sore throat? Really? I told her, "Just tell him I am on my way and he will not no the difference". I left work shortly thereafter and got another call on my way to school. The same lady called to let me know she sent him back to class and her threw up in class! I felt terrible....mom of the year award! I picked him up in the nurse's office and we headed for home. We barely got home in time for him to throw up again. He seemed fine after that and so I got him into the bath to get him all cleaned up. He perked up in the tub and played for a bit. As soon as I got him out, he threw up for a third time! I got him in his PJs and into my bed to watch TV while I started dinner. He fell asleep until about 6:30, woke up threw up again and then ate almost a whole can of chicken noodle soup! He seemed better after that and then had some jello. Luckily, he didn't get sick anymore after that, but I gave him some Phenegren cream just to make sure he rested through the night! Not sure if it was a short lived virus or bad mini corn dogs from school lunch :0 ! I missed work on Tuesday with him and got back to work on Wed. The kids were out today and Friday so Nana came up and stayed Wed night so she could keep them for us today. I am off tomorrow!!! YAY!!! I hope to do a little bit of Christmas shopping this weekend!

0 comments: